Did you know that Google has received more than 360 billion searches this year? More than 67.60% of all the clicks of all website traffic accounts for organic search results.
Now that we know for every search query, majority of the users type in a relevant query on search engines. Therefore businesses are required to invest in SEO so that there site ranks well on popular search engines.
SEO comprises of various different types. And every business invests in SEO for the same purpose to get greater visibility and optimize their site properly for brand awareness.
There are various different types of SEO. You could also use a specific technique based on your own personal needs.
In this article we will guide you in detail and through the major types of SEO and basically when you must need to use any one of them.
What is SEO?
SEO or Search engine optimization helps you to attract qualified traffic to your website with the help of organic search results by optimizing your site. These SEO strategies help in ranking your website on the front page of Google for certain relevant keywords.
SEO also involves user experience. Google cares about what their users think of a particular website and whether the user is satisfied and haves a good experience.
Through SEO, you can easily make your website easy to understand and easy to use with clear call to actions. The primary goal of SEO is to attract more organic traffic of your website from search engines by boosting your search engine rankings with various relevant keywords.
When performing SEO and optimizing your site it is necessary for you to keep in mind all the factors that are necessary and also keep your users happy.
To make it much simpler for you to understand, SEO comes with many different types and each type is responsible for a number of different SEO rules.
The important types of SEO are:
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Content SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- eCommerce SEO
And the most important that you should keep in mind and perform are Technical, On Page and Off Page SEO. That are also shown in the diagram below with their primary goals.
On page SEO:
On page SEO focuses on making your website user friendly, easy to understand and with proper formatting for search engines.
It is important to keep in mind that a particular search engine observes and look at a website as a whole while your ranking is determined on the basis of your pages.
That is the reason why you should focus on optimizing each and every page of your website.
The most important elements of your website that you can optimize are:
URLs: The URL of every page should be clear and should describe what the content is about. It should also include your keyword so that search engines know what you are targeting and what your page is about.
Meta Title: Your Meta title should contain your keyword and it should be catchy. Something that would attract your users to click on your website. It should also be limited to 60 characters.
Meta descriptions: The Meta description are the lines that appear in grey color just below your title tag. It briefly describes the content of your page in 260 characters.
Alt tags: Of course it’s hard for search engines to understand the images and the multimedia that you have included in your content. So it’s necessary to include Alt tags for search engines to better understand your images.
Heading tags: Headings are a way you can format your pages into H1, H2 and H3 also by including your relevant keyword. It helps users better understand your content and looks much more organized.
Internal links: Connecting your pages with the help of internal links improves the authoritativeness of new pages. This also helps in boosting your search rankings. Internal links help your users find other pages related to your website easily.
Content: The content on your website is considered the most important aspect of your pages. It is what helps attract traffic to your website. Your content includes various features such as multimedia, keywords and images.
Navigation: You should make sure that your site is easy to navigate so that it can easily be found by your targeted audience. It is also important that they stay and not leave that shortly. As your rankings may suffer if your bounce rate increases.
Design: Your logo and website designs is what helps engage your customers to your site. If you have a much appealing, clean and professional creative design, it will help improve your rankings.
Below listed are various examples of On-page SEO:
- Creating a type of content that is easy to understand and answers all the questions that comes in a user’s mind.
- Making sure to include your keywords in URL’s, Meta titles and Meta descriptions
- Making your site much simpler and user friendly y simplifying your site navigation.
- Optimizing your website design so that it is aesthetically pleasing to the user’s eye and creates a lasting impression.
While on page SEO is all about beatifying your website so that a user spends a much longer time in your website, off page SEO is all about promoting your website in a more technical way on the internet, it is everything that happens away from your website and helps you promote your website and your SEO strategy.
It is all about the techniques that you would have to use to promote your site on the internet.
Websites that have been linked to high authoritative sites and are known have a much more chance of getting ranked higher on Google as compared to websites that are not popular.
The most effective way of off page SEO is to earn backlinks from authoritative websites. Backlinks are actually to your sites from various other sites.
Google first crawls on your pages and checks the quality and quantity of relevant links that are on your website. These quality backlinks help Google in finding pages of your website and index them.
Guest Post Services
Blog Outreach & 100% Trusted BacklinksBuy Now
The three main types of links that you should consider are:
Natural links: You gain a natural link when you include some content of other sites to your own.
Built links: When you write a content with the intention of promoting it to someone and they link to it, you get a built link.
Created links: These types of links are the types that Google considers spammy and the ones that you create to link to press releases or directories. These links are not recommended as it may drop the rankings of your website.
So, off page SEO basically focuses on enhancing the quality and quantity of natural and built links to your website. Some of these techniques and guidelines include:
- Creating the type of content which is highly linkable. For instance, creating how to guides and info graphics.
- You reach out to authoritative sites or popular bloggers and ask them to link to your content in a particular post.
- Sharing your content to social media to a much larger audience.
Technical SEO is exactly what it name tells you. I.e. technical factors that affect the visibility of a website in popular search engines.
The primary goal of technical SEO is to make sure that search engine crawlers can easily crawl in a website and index it without facing any problem.
Some major examples of technical SEO are:
- Speeding up your site: Page speed is a ranking factor for Google, and a speedier page offers a much better user experience and hence a user spends more time on your website. Cleaning up your code, compressing your graphics, and leveraging browser caching are all options for improving site load speed.
- Updating your robots.txt file: Your robots.txt file notifies search engines which portions of your site they shouldn’t crawl or index. It’s critical to double-check that your robots.txt file is blocking the correct pages.
- Dealing with duplicate content: Duplicate content on your website can harm your search engine rankings. A 301 redirect (rel=canonical) tells Google which version of a page is the original, and a canonical tag (rel=canonical) tells Google which version of a page is the original and which one is copied.
- Using responsive design: By allowing your site to react to different devices, responsive strategy guarantees that it displays effectively and smoothly on mobile devices.
- Creating an XML sitemap: Using an XML sitemap, search engines may crawl your site faster and create more accurate indexes, therefore it makes it much easier.
Content SEO is also a part of on page SEO. But this one is a much important part to focus on. It is all about the quality and originality of the content and the factors which can help make it much better.
Because content is considered to be a very important SEO factor, it is also considered a type of SEO and success rate factor of rankings on search engines.
Publishing amazing content in which users can relate and love, easy to understand by search engines is a winning approach.
Important guidelines to follow to achieve the winning combination is:
- You should start your process first by having a thorough keyword research. After finding the relevant keywords that have a high search traffic and are important for your website, incorporate them in your URLs, title tags, descriptions and in your content. .
- You can also look for long tail keywords or LSI’s to include them in your headings and sub headings.
- Publish detailed and thorough content that contains all the details and information that your users are looking for. That is how search engines would have all the clues to understand what your content is about and whether it is user friendly.
- Create Internal and external links as explained before to high authoritative websites so that users can easily find your pages.
Local SEO is a type of SEO that is exclusively appropriate for local businesses that are looking to market their business in their locality.
To put it another way, if you have a website and want to attract customers to your local store, you need optimize it for local SEO for search engines to show your relevant audience your store when they search for the keywords that you have searched and used.
Everything said above applies to Local SEO, with the exception of the following recommendations:
- You also need to include your company name, address, and all the relevant contact information visible on every page of your website so that users may easily contact you without facing any type of difficulty.
- On your homepage, include the Local Business schema.
- Create a Google My Business account if you don’t already have one as it would really help you with Local SEO.
- Register your company with well-known directories like Yelp, Yahoo Small Business, Foursquare, and others as this is an essential step of Local SEO.
- Local directories and websites can help you promote your website (for example online local newspapers).
Mobile SEO is also a sub part of SEO. As most of Internet users now search about anything that they need through their mobile phones. So it makes all the more necessary for your site to be optimized for mobile phones.
Nowadays the internet is moving away from a traditional desktop to a smartphone device and the fact that 60% of Google searches are performed through smartphone devices proves a lot more on why this is important.
This is also why Google opted to establish a mobile-first index, which indexes a website’s mobile-friendly version rather than the desktop one.
Read Also : 15 Voice Search Trends & Statistics to Optimize Your Strategy
When you plan to work on Mobile SEO, you need to ensure that you follow the following guidelines:
- Running a mobile friendly test to check whether your website runs just fine is a starter.
- Your website’s page load time. Make sure that it runs fast on your phone so that a user stays.
- Your website is easy to understand and use on your Smartphone.
- The user experience on your phone is the same as it is on desktop and is not disturbed by advertising pop ups.
Ecommerce is a huge business and industry. When it comes to SEO, optimizing an ecommerce website is more difficult as compared to optimizing a blog or a corporate website.
You have a lot more pages to optimize, and promoting an ecommerce site is significantly more challenging.
The following are the most crucial ecommerce SEO factors that you need to keep in mind if you have a Ecommerce business:
- At first you need to focus on the home page and the categories and optimize your pages. Before you plan to start working product category pages, you might need to optimize these pages first.
- Use the results of your keyword research to optimize your product pages.
- Make sure that all of your store’s graphic aspects are optimized (images, videos)
- Include the required schemas (product, offers etc.)
- Promote your stores on popular social media platforms.
- You can also think of much more creative ways to see whether people link to product pages and gain more authority this way
- You can also start blogging and publish the type of content that is related to your products and can also somehow help people get the answers to their solutions.
Turn Your Dreams into Reality with Artimization
We all must be aware by now that SEO is one of the most powerful digital marketing tool and optimizing your site with the help of SEO helps you rank on search engines.
SEO also helps you enjoy high visibility in search engines and also helps in improving the user experience of your website.
The most important types of SEO for digital marketing is On-page SEO, Off-page SEO and technical SEO.
Your business needs to apply the correct types of SEO methods to boost its visibility and generate leads online to increase revenue. On-page, off-page, and technical SEO are required for any website. Depending on the technical parameters of your company.
Artimization is one of the leading Digital marketing agency in USA and offers various different types of SEO services.
Our SEO experts are highly professional and skilled who help you in getting real results, increase brand awareness of your website and helps you enjoy greater visibility on popular search engines.
To learn more about what kind of services we offer and the types of SEO that your company would need, visit our website or call us today to book a free consultation!
Farah is an ambitious content manager and is dedicated in creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals at Artimization.